We specialize in TOSHIBA Satellite C855 Series Laptop CPU Fan and accessories, All TOSHIBA Satellite C855 Series Laptop Accessory are full six-months warranty, high quality and low price. Toshiba Satellite C855 fan online store: http://www.notebook-cpu-fans.ca/toshiba-satellite-c855-laptop-cpu-fan.html How to Replace a Satellite C855 Series Fan? 1. Please read the Satellite C855 Series manual or maintenance guide if you have before you disassemble the laptop. This file is a universal summary only. Some details may be not the same.
2. Now, turn off your laptop and disconnect the power cord. And disconnect all external devices connected to the computer. Remove the battery, DVD drive and the hard drive. The hard drive is usually located in a slot on one side of the laptop. Remove the screw that holds the cover in place, then pull out the hard drive.
3. Remove all the screws (may not exist) that hold the keyboard in place, then lift the keyboard up and out. Unplug the flexible ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard.
4. Remove the screws (may not exist) that hold the laptop keyboard bezel and palm rest in place. Carefully pry loose any plastic snaps on the sides, then lift the bezel and palm rest up and out.
5. Unplug the old Satellite C855 Series Fan. Remove screws that hold the heat sink and fan in place, then remove the entire unit from the laptop. Clean any thermal compound residue from the bottom of the heat sink and the CPU.
6. Apply a thin and even layer of thermal compound on the CPU, then replace the heat sink and fix the new fan. Replace the screws, plug the Satellite C855 Series fan back in, then reassemble the laptop.
7. Turn on your Satellite C855 Series. After you use it for a few minutes, you should hear the newToshiba laptop cooling fanrunning and feel warm air blowing from the vent on the side of the laptop.